Corn and spareribs casserole is a traditional famous dish in Guangdong province of China, belongs to Cantonese cuisine. This Chinese stew recipe is easy to cook. The pork ribs are soft and glutinous, corn and carrots are added to it. It is delicious and nutritious.
Stewed pork ribs recipe with pictures step by step
Corn and Spareribs Casserole
- 350 g pork ribs
- 1 corn
- 6 dried mushrooms
- 1 carrot
- 2 slices ginger
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp rock sugar
- 2 tbsp cooking wine
- 1 small piece of cinnamon
- 2 star anise
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 330 ml beer
- 1 tbsp Sichuan Pixian bean paste
- moderate green onions
- Wash the ribs, add ginger, minced garlic, 2 tablespoons of cooking wine, 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce, 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 teaspoon of pepper powder and marinate for more than half an hour.
- Cut the corn and carrot into pieces, soak the dried mushrooms in warm water in advance.
- Deep-fry marinated pork ribs to golden color.
- Leave some oil in the pot, add chopped green onions, minced garlic, Sichuan Pixian bean paste and sauté for a while.
- Pour deep-fried pork ribs, cinnamon, star anise, rock sugar, dark soy sauce, 2 tablespoons light soy sauce, corn, carrots and mushrooms, stir-fry evenly.
- Add beer and boil it over low heat for half an hour after boiling.
Also Read: Pork Ribs With Yam Soup