Summer is hot, there is no appetite, cucumber is a seasonal vegetable in summer, crisp and tender, summer cucumber price is also very cheap, today I will share a Chinese pickled cucumber recipe, cucumber with breakfast, dinner, porridge, noodles, with rice all It’s great, The method of making Chinese pickled cucumbers is also very simple. It is convenient to store in the refrigerator.
Chinese Pickled Cucumbers Soy Sauce
- 4 cucumbers
- 1 tbsp salt
- 500 ml light soy sauce
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 piece of ginger
- 20 Sichuan peppercorns
- 2 star anise
- 5 dried red peppers
- 1 tbsp rock sugar
- ½ tbsp liquor
- Wash the cucumbers and drain.
- Cut the cucumber into strips, add 1 tablespoon of salt, mix well and marinate for about 6 hours.
- When the time is up, squeeze out the water from the pickled cucumber.
- Prepare the seasoning, slice the garlic and ginger, and cut the dried chili in half.
- Put garlic slices, ginger slices and dried chili into cucumber strips, mix well.
- Add soy sauce, rock sugar, Sichuan peppercorns and star anise to the pot, turn off the heat after boiling. Let the sauce cool, add half a tablespoon liquor, and mix well.
- Put the cucumber sticks in a jar with a lid or in a fresh-keeping box, pour the sauce, put it in the refrigerator to refrigerate, and continue to marinate for 5-6 hours to eat.
Also Read: Black Fungus And Onion Salad Recipe